BIG YELLOW SCHOOL BUS GRANT
The Big Yellow School Bus Grant supports transportation costs for educational field trips to arts events and destinations that received funding from the Missouri Arts Council. Art museums, concerts, theater, and dance performances are among the eligible destinations. Check here for a complete list of Missouri Arts Council approved destinations.
Who May Apply
PK-12 schools are eligible to apply for Big Yellow School Bus Grants.
What and How Much We Fund
A school may apply for up to $500 of transportation assistance per year, in one application. This grant is not competitive; eligible and complete applications will be fully funded.
When It Happens
For FY24, all project funds must be spent between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
How We Make Funding Decisions
The Arts Education Program Specialist verifies the eligibility and completeness of the application. If funds are available, the grant is approved.
Application Dates: The Big Yellow School Bus Grants are on rolling deadlines. Apply by the first Monday of each month, two months in advance of the month in which the project incurs expenses. For example, for a project that incurs expenses in May, the application must be received no later than the first Monday in March. If the first Monday is a holiday, the deadline is on Tuesday. We encourage schools to submit applications early.
You will submit an application through Smart Simple, our online grant application program. You will complete these five sections:
- Applicant Information (Name, ID numbers, school details, grant program)
- Project Information Describe the event, including location and artists involved. How will this experience enhance your student’s learning in arts (and non-arts disciplines if applicable)?
- Budget Detail (estimate of transportation costs: bus driver rate and hours + fuel costs)
- Attachments (Private schools only: IRS status/Tax documents, board members list)
- Compliance Statement (Authorizing official) For schools, superintendent (public) or principal (private)